Thursday, May 15, 2008

feedback from show


I realized after my show that the sculptures I made wasted energy. I firmly believe that in wasting the energy my thesis paper is still proven by thesis artwork. Through reverse psychology the viewer is forced to feeling tension created by the complete atmosphere of the Theremin, the whirring of super-8 projectors, and the shriek hum of the tesla coil. Furthermore the piece Solving the Spirograph creates a sound using angle grinders, which aren’t even visible except by the flash of the strobe. The main goal of my thesis work has been to create a tangible physical experience that people of all ages and from various backgrounds can enjoy. Even if it seems that I am trying to kill them, I am attracted to that life threatening danger being paid by off by the thrill of experience.

No comments: