Thursday, October 1, 2009

cinema archive and performance space

here is an email that i have been sending around maybe you have some ideas?
hello,
My name is Jonathan Hancock, I am a film maker/ artist based in Cincinnati.
To get to the point, I am planning to open a micro-cinema that houses a visual archive of films and video, a performance space and an art gallery. I would like to restore the Imperial theater on 280 W.McMicken or use a smaller location above the player piano shop on 611 main st. I am pre-planning all the logistics of how this cinema will function. I have a list of distributors for film and equipment, I have several locations that i am interested in fixing up, I have a crew that is ready to work with me to accomplish this goal. Do you know of any federal grants that would help to fund some of the basic expenses involved in restoring an old existing cinema, finding 35mm projectors? Do I need to get a distributors license, a merchants/vendors liscense to show films? this cinema would be for the community, I could offer free demos and access to students to inspire the minds of young film-makers. I have a bunch of friends that would be interested in playing music to films as well. The cinema would be an alternative space with multiple functions. If you could offer any advice, help or contacts I would be eternally grateful.
I look forward to hearing back from you at your convenience.
If you need any more information about the specifics of my project,
please dont hesitate to call (859) 653-8150
thank you,
Jonathan Hancock

youtube videos transfered from super-8
dangers of Road Rage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUIpR4JElQ8

The Electric Inertia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8IJIRnvnss

No comments: